Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shamrock Shake


We try to stay away from McDonanlds (don't we all) but every year around this time we have to stop  in for a Shamrock shake. I LOVE mint so this one is a no brainer for me, but even my non-mint-fan husband enjoys these. We set out to make our own and found some good reciepes on the net, but they were all just adding a little green and a little mint. So we bought a McDonalds shamrock shake some ingredients and tested it out ourself. Sip of one sip of the other...until I had a stomach ache and and Ben couldn't tell mint from water :)

The real deal is really a vanilla shake with some mint mixed in and kind of a perpermint after taste. We don't have acess to their soft serve mixed vanilla ice cream but we came in close!

2  1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup whole milk
1tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp mint extract
1/4 tsp pepermint extract
6-8 drops green food coloring (optional)

Just mix it all together and top with whip cream and sprinkles if you would like.

YUM!

.
Maybe I was having a little fun with out new camera? :)

Stick around for my first blog giveaway later this week!!

Happy making!