Friday, September 23, 2011

Hooded Towels

Another check off my Christmas list! I'm on a roll :) We've been trying to come up with lots of ideas other then toys for our kids this year. We decided to get new decor for the kids bathroom, in Hello Kitty . Currently it's rubber duckies, which we still love but the shower curtain is needing replaced, and the soap dispenser is broke, and their hooded towels are looking worn down. Our girls love their hooded towels...I have so many memories of wrapping babies up in duck hoods while they quack to their bedrooms. Originally I asked Grandma Miller to make them but after getting my machine I decided to try it out. I am so glad I did!! It was so easy! I just happended to come across a tutorial from my new favorite blog. Go check it out! You can make one with half a hand towel and a bath towel. Anybody could make one of these, promise! The sewing only took about 10 minutes, the applique was the only time consuming thing. I was able to make all three of them in one sitting, that makes me happy :)

I had planned on putting their names on the hoods, but then I decided not to at the last minute. Daddy thought it would still be best to have them personalized so I added their initial at the bottom. All wrapped up and ready to go in the Christmas present box :)


These cost me less then $5.00 a piece. I will be making more of these for sure :)